Tuesday, April 24

the art nest


its up!! the art nest website designed by my incredibly talented niece rachelle is up and running today. there is still a bit more tweaking to do. i never realized how much work went into starting a new business and launching a website! candice and i will be hosting our first art retreat at a cabin in the mountains of park city, utah June 20-24th. we are so thrilled to have three amazing artists coming to teach.

if you haven't seen misty mawns gorgeous paintings check out her blog. such lovely work and an amazing person. nina bagley first introduced me to misty at the last art and soul retreat in portland. i am so excited misty has started teaching and can't wait to take her 'spontaneous art' class.

sally jean alexander just published a beautiful book 'pretty little things'. she will be teaching collaging and soldering in her class 'the gothic pendant'. sally jean will also be the guest artist at a trunk show at one of my favorite stores dear lizzie in highland while she is here in utah. i can't wait to see in person more of her lovely, sparkling work.


kristin steiner is the third artist that will be teaching at the retreat. she is a fabric artist that has been working in mixed media art for the past 6 years. i adored 32 artful playthings that was on the cover of cloth, paper, scissors in spring 2006. she will be teaching the class 'i am a woman who' a fabric book that incorporates dying, stamping, layering and collaging with fabric.

you can see more of what is happening with the art nest here.
leave a comment, i would love to know what you think of the website!

6 comments:

Kari said...

Everything looks absolutely fabulous!!! I got the invite from Candice and can't seem to stop thinking about the retreat. I want to go sooooo bad!! Just not sure I can swing it. What's a girl to do....
Can't wait to see more. You girls are doing an amazing job. Totally blows me away!!!!
Cheers
Kari

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh Julie amazing amazing is all I have to say and good luck dear friend with everything PS I wrote about you on my blog yesterday!-Lilia

noelle said...

It's been fun finding your blog, I love all your stuff, especially the little chicks you made! (Apr 2nd post) I need more info on this art nest party...hope to meet you at the Beehive Bazaar.

Sweet Petunia said...

I have sent in my registration and can't wait for June.

Steph said...

sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

The writer of theadventuresofbluegirlxo.blogspot.com has written a superior article. I got your point and there is nothing to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not disagree with: It is impossible to understand the behavior of dogs and cats at the same time, unless of course you're a cat. I will be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...