Wednesday, June 11

two new things to post about



i sent off the very last package to northlight for my new book 'pretty little felts'. everything is done, the projects, the photoshoot, the instructions, the edits, and the little zipper purses are on their way to the marketing department.
it is a wonderful place to be here at the start of summer. i haven't seen all the images in color and much of the design work will be a surprise when i see it all together, but i am so thrilled. you can see the cover on amazon already even though it won't be out until this fall. my first booksigning will be at art and soul this october, so very excited to go!



i sent off this batch of wool zipper purses complete with hand watercolored business cards and tags to the marketing department. inside is a cellophane bag of pastel jordan almonds just to give them a cool feel. they are going to be sent with my book to the big buying accounts. i found these amazing wool skirts at a new shop nearby called the coal umbrella. all four of them came in the same shipment and must have been from the 50's. i was crazy about the great plaids. each purse has its own zipper pull wired on with sterling silver wire and each one has an embroidered design.




my other new thing is i opened an etsy shop this morning. i haven't figured out how to edit my profile and i only have one item listed so far just to see how it would look, but i loaded the link for my shop and it works! (way too easy)
i have been busy making things to sell at the art nest midsummer artist sale in two weeks and thought i would post some on my shop before i go.


the artist sale is going to be so amazing, i am hoping to buy a necklace from stephanie lee. i still have quite a bit of packing of supplies left to do, but i can't wait. there is only one spot left, so if you are free june 24-29th send me an email and i will try to get you in. :)

27 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Super cute goodies! Congrats on the book! Awesome.
Karla

Amy Huff said...

Awesome news on your book, that's terrific. Your zippered purses are wonderful!

Kari said...

Love these purses. Really, really love them...wow!! I cannot wait for your book. How exciting that you're now selling on etsy. What's your link??
Kari

Susan Elliott said...

You must be pinching yourself. It looks really great...I wonder if it was fun??

Dale said...

Oh wow, i can't wait to see your book in stores! I love it when the bloggers i meet online get published... how special! I am so very excited for you. The cover looks spectacular!

Dede Warren said...

oh who grabbed the cute little plaid bag before I could? hmm....

Congrats on both fronts Julie. I'll be waiting on my MacBook for the Etsy updates...

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Oh my, your little pouches are delightful. I love the fabrics you found. Congrats on the book. So exciting!!! I wish I was going to A&S to see you and get one! Can't wait to see your etsy shop!!

Cindy Dean said...

Congrats Julie! I will see you at Art & Soul in October and making you sign my copy!

candice Elton said...

what eye candy. These turned out so delicious to look at. I can't wait to get my hands on them. Etsy already??????? you are really rockin........

Michele said...

Oh my!!! Those purses are soooo adorable. LOVE the colors...so scrumptious. I, for one, will really be looking forward to your book...congrats on everything!

C K said...

Congratulations! How exciting about your book. The cover is beautiful. And you little purses... WOW. Everything is lovely and I wish you all of the best!

Anonymous said...

wow Julie !!! i just got a felting machine and can't wait to see your stuff and meet you at artnest !!! I am soo excited !!!!!
I want the book now, it looks so lovely !! Gotta have one of those - see ya in a couple weeks !
xo,
beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com

Maija said...

OMG! I am breathless!!!
See you very soon!!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on opening your etsy shop. Those little felt zippered bags are adorable. I love that pink and aqua one. Will you be selling one like that on etsy?
xo
jeanne

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! Congratulations on the book, I can't wait to order one.
Michele

Lobster and swan said...

Beautiful felt things ; )

Good luck with your etsy shop, I'm sure it will be super popular, as everything you make is so lovely!

Beehive Art Salon said...

wow! Those purses turned out so beautifully! The embellishments really make a difference. If the insides are as cool as the outsides, your book will be a smash hit! Will you sign mine? :)
Good luck and fun for next week!
love
amanda

Debbie Schramer said...

Julie,
How exciting for you!!! Your new books looks so beautiful and is just charming! I can't wait to see it. So excited for you! Hope you are having a great summer!
Debbie

Joy for the Journey said...

I've had a great time checking in on your blog; thanks for sharing your lovely ideas.
Sarah :)

m i c h e l l e said...

Congratulations on everything Julie! How absoulutely thrilling! And those purses are just SO yummy looking...like pastel candy bars!

I can't wait to get a SIGNED copy of your book at Art and Soul!!!! See you in October!
:-)

Candace said...

WOW. The felt bags, etc., are all wonderful.

Congratulations, also.

Candace

Anonymous said...

Lucky me, I got the adorable first pick!! Love it Julie and much luck with your shop!Lilia

Lorrie said...

Congratulations on your book. The purses are just perfect - sure to charm the recipients.

Lorrie

Waterrose said...

Good luck on Etsy and have fun! Love your pieces and will be excited to see your book!

katie said...

congratulations julie on your beautiful upcoming book!! you certainly do make the prettiest things...and reports from several sources tell me that the most recent ArtNest was a huge success - kudos to you and candance for creating such a creative and healing environment for participants!

Just be...... said...

I love your cover page for the book. And your zippered purses are fabulous!!! Goodluck with the book!

Anonymous said...

Julie, so glad to hear you've created a book, excited to see it. Hope you are well. love, rebecca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...